Leelou Blogs

Friday, May 6, 2011

THANKS MOM BLOG HOP



Welcome to the THANKS MOM BLOG HOP. Thanks for joining us to enjoy all the wonderful crafty inspiration in honor of mother's everywhere from the talented designers in this hop.

You should have arrived here from Dana. If you missed the beginning of the hop, please go back to the start of the hop Debbie http://www.debseclecticthoughts.blogspot.com/to start so you don't miss any of the projects. There is a Grand Prize Blog Candy offered so you want to start at the beginning and read how to participate to win.

So......here is my Mother's Day centerpiece(for a small gathering).







I used the WRAP IT UP Cricut cartridge to create the fence box at 11x11.
I cut it once in white cardstock. Then, I used the layer feature to cut the fence slats in orange polka dots(I LOVE DOTS!) I added the other layer that is on this box, which is the grassy area at the bottom. It is cut at 6x4. The flowers are cut from the PAISLEY cartridge at 3 inches. I used the flower stems that I found on my BIRTHDAY CAKES cartridge. The Happy Mother's Day was cut from CREATE A CRITTER! after all the cutting and gluing, I added styrofoam and crinkly paper to the inside of the box and arranged my creations!
I also want to show you our really cute invitation for the Mother's Day party I am hosting for my kindergarten class moms, on Monday! This is a 5x5 card. I used a luau pack of paper that I have had for a while now and my new Luau cartridge to create the palm tree! I will have some fun pics to add on Monday!! Some featuring the Paper Doll cartridges!!!



Thanks for hopping along with us. Remember, if you leave a comment on every designers blog hop post, your name will go into the drawing for the Blog Candy that our THANK MOM BLOG HOP hostess, Debbie, is offering as a Grand Prize.

Next up on the hop , is the talented Jenny http://scrapwithjenny.blogspot.com/





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

30 comments:

Lillian Child said...

What delightful projects! Thanks for sharing!

And I am now a follower of your blog. So very nice to meet you. Stop by my blog sometime and give me a shout out!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

Josie0602 said...

Both projects are soooo cute!! The Hawaii themed invitations look really fun!
Tracy
jtg0398 at sbcglobal dot net
www.scrappininthwoods.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

This is beautiful!! I love it!! So glad to be on the hop with you!!

papillon digital design said...

Love the bright colors and the look. TFS

IRW Dana said...

Love the bouquet. It's so bright and cheery. THis is going on my "Must Make" list.

Houses Built of Cards said...

So cute!!! LOVE the bright fun colors!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love both your projects. What a cute table decoration and the invitations for school are so cute. Yeah for moms helping out teachers. ( I taught for 33 years)

DeeDee said...

Very happy and bright! :)

Dale Morin said...

Adorable project.

http://daleleemorin.typepad.com

Debbie O'Neal said...

Oh how cute is that flower pot ! What a great centerpiece that would make. Thanks for participating in the blog hop with us. Debbie

Maria said...

Cute centerpiece. Love the bright colors!

Kelly said...

Love the flower pot! So colorful! Great idea! TFS

dlmbscrapping said...

Really cute- love the vivid colors.

loving3boys1girl said...

Adorable flower pot! Super cute!
~Tracy
blue.tacs at yahoo dot com

dlmbscrapping said...

really great- looks like you put in a lot of time on it-the colors are great

Paper Deckerations said...

I love 3D projects! That is gorgeous! and the invitations are adorable! Great job!
Jessica
paperdeckerations at gmail dot com
paperdeckerations.blogspot.com

Kris Dietz said...

How cute! Love the invitations too.

TFS.

Kris
dietzrobles at yahoo dot com

Stefani said...

love the box and bouquet! very cute! TFS

Brenda said...

Love your centerpiece and invitations! The centerpiece is bright and cheery, and gotta love the palm trees on the invitations!

http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/
HappyScrapper64@bex.net

Brenda said...

Both of your projects are so nice! I love the flowers and also your invitations. I have became a follower. Thanks for sharing.

Penny said...

I absolutely love this. I need a decor for one of my tables and I may "scraplift" this.

pennyspad at sbcglobal dot net

Sue D said...

Fabulous mother's day centerpiece and great invites.

Kimberli said...

Love your centerpiece and your invitation is adorable - thanks for sharing!

Kimberli
kimbean20@gmail.com

Kathy's Kreative Spot said...

Love your centerpiece and the Hiawaiian Luau invitation for your Kindergarten class are awesome.
I am a follower.
Kathy
Katsews at gmail dotcom

Misty said...

Love them!
Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

jcinokc said...

Love your centerpiece and invitations. Thanks for the hop!

jenlovcarr at aol dot com

Stuff-n-Such By Lisa said...

Such a cute centerpiece! I love the bright colors and the spring look!
The invites are adorable also!
Lisa H.
lisastuf.blogspot.com
lisastuf at gmail dot com

thekolbes said...

Ohh gosh what a wonderful unique project. I love it. Thanks so much for sharing
Trish
krazykcrafters at msn dot com

Anonymous said...

Great projects ! Loving your blog! THanks for sharing!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

I have a cricut award on my blog for you. Thanks for all your inspiration. http://cricutcraftingrammy.blogspot.com/